- Complexity: Easy
- Srv: 5
- Total Time: 30 min
- By: Paradise Creek Brewery
- 1.5 cups Uncooked Brown Lentils
- 5 cups Vegetable Stock
- 2TB Finely minced Red Bell Pepper
- 1TB Finely Minced Red Onion
- 1/4 tsp Fresh Chopped Thyme
- 1 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 egg, whisked
- All Purpose Flour
- Boil the Lentils and Vegetable Stock together until Lentils are al dente (cooked but still firm), drain stock from Lentils and rinse under cool water until cold
- Mix cooked cooled lentils together with the Red Bell Peppers, Red Onion, Panko, Salt, Pepper and egg.
- Add All Purpose Flour to the mixture one tablespoon at time until the dough has a firm texture without being dry or crumbly. The result should be a dough that is malleable, moist and tacky, with out being wet or loose.
- Form into patties around 6 oz and pan fry in canola oil until golden brown.