- Complexity: Advanced
- Srv: 2
- Total Time: 4+ hrs
- By: Marination's
- 12 oz hand-cut, double-fried fries
- 4 oz Kalua pork - Hawaiian-style braised, pulled pork
- 1 oz Kimchi sauce - a blend of Korean spices, kimchi, sesame oil, and garlic
- 1 oz Mayo - preferably Japanese-style
- 1 sunny-side up egg (or two!)
- 2 Tbs. Green onions
- 1 Tbs. Furikake - Japanese seaweed sprinkles
- Kalua Pork: Cover pork in garlic, ginger, bay leaves, liquid smoke and Hawaiian sea salt. Wrap the pork tightly in banana leaves or tea leaves to keep the moisture. Then put it in a tray, cover with foil and slow roast it at 250 degrees for 4 to 5 hours.
Assemble Aloha Fries:
Double Blanche the fries to get them crispy.
Top fries with the kalua pork, Kimchi sauce, Japanese Mayo, a sunny-side-up egg, green onions, and Furikake. Enjoy!