Raspberry Chocolate Mousse
- Complexity: Easy
- Srv: 6
- Total Time: 1 hr
- 2 6 oz. containers of raspberries
- 1⁄4 C unsalted butter, cut into 8 pieces
- 2 C mini marshmallows
- 1 C dark chocolate chips (at least 60% coco)
- 1 C heavy cream
- Measure 1 C of raspberries and place them in a blender. Puree the raspberries for 1 minute and strain the puree through a wire sieve to remove all raspberry seeds. Measure 1⁄2 C of the strained raspberry puree and place it in a medium size, glass mixing bowl. Add the butter pieces, marshmallows and chocolate chips to the raspberry puree and use a rubber spatula to mix to combine.
- Microwave the raspberry mixture for 30 seconds. Remove from the microwave and stir with the spatula to help the ingredients combine and melt evenly. Return to the microwave for another 15 seconds, remove and mix vigorously. If necessary, repeat. You want the raspberry mixture to become just warm enough to melt and come together, but not hot. Set aside to cool.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a wire whisk, whip the heavy cream on high speed for 3 minutes, until it holds stiff peaks.
- Fold 1/3 of the whipped cream into the cooled raspberry chocolate mixture.
- Use care to not fold too quickly or you will deflate all the cream. When the whipped cream is evenly mixed, add another 1/3 of the cream and repeat the folding process. Finally, add the last remaining 1/3 and again fold, gently to combine. Spoon the raspberry mousse into your desired serving containers and chill for 30 minutes. Garnish with fresh raspberries immediately before serving.