- Complexity: Advanced
- Srv: 6
- Total Time: 1 hr
Poached pear in spicy wine
- 4 pears (Bartlett are good for poaching)
- 1 liter of red wine
- 400 gr of sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 vanilla bean split and scraped
- 2 orange zest
- Peel, seed and half the pears
- Put all other ingredients in pot and bring to a to a boil
- Add in the pears and simmer for 10 minutes until pears are soft to the knife
- Option: Take the left over poaching liquid and reduce it to a glaze (reduce by 2/3)
- 260 g powdered sugar
- 270 g coconut shredded
- 5 eggs one at a time
- 30 g melted butter
- Mix sugar and shredded coconut together in a food processor.
- Add 5 eggs one by one.
- Add the melted butter. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- “Spoon” thin on an exopad sheet.
- Bake at 325 F for 10 minutes. Remove from sheet pan with a spatula carefully.
- 1 quart of milk
- 200 g yolks
- 180 gr sugar
- 1 vanilla bean or 1 teasp of vanilla paste
- Bring milk and vanilla bean split to a boil
- In a separate bowl, mix sugar and yolks
- Pour hot milk onto the mixed sugar and yolks, mix together and then and put the new mixture back in sauce pan
- Whisk continuously until mixture reaches 184 F.
- Strain with fine mesh and let cool