- Complexity: Easy
- Srv: 3
- Prep: 3 hrs
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 3 hrs, 20 min
- By: The Blackbird
- 3 chicken leg quarters (cut into thighs and drumsticks)
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup cornmeal
- Place chicken in bowl and cover with buttermilk. Cover the bowl and place in fridge for 3 hours or up to two days to marinate.
- Fill cast-iron skillet or deep fryer with vegetable oil about 1/3 full. Heat to 350 degrees F. Place cornmeal in a bowl. Remove and shake off excess buttermilk. Dunk into cornmeal bowl, making sure to cover whole chicken with cornmeal. Dunk chicken in buttermilk once again, followed by another dusting in the cornmeal bowl.
- Fry chicken until golden and no longer pink in the center - about 8-10 minutes per side.