Butternut Squash Ravioli
- Complexity: Medium
- Srv: 2
- Total Time: 1.5 hrs
- By: Luna
- 1 green apple
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp chopped sage
- 1 tbsp crab meat
- 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 small yellow onion
- 2 tbsp garlic
- 1/2 cup goat cheese
- 1 tbsp salt
- First set oven to 350 degrees. Cut butternut squash in half down the middle and scrape out the seeds. Coat with olive oil and roast in oven for 1 hour. While squash is roasting, dice onion into very small pieces and mince garlic. Sauté onion in a little olive oil for five minutes then add the garlic and cook an additional 2 minutes. Once the onions have turned a clear color set aside in refrigerator to cool. After an hour the squash should be soft to the touch. Let cool, then scrape the out the meat of the squash from the skin. Mix with the cooled onion and garlic then fold in goat cheese.
- 2 cups flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp salt
- Mound the flour on a flat service and form a crater in the middle of the flour. Crack three eggs into the flour and add olive oil and salt. Using a fork, start to mix the eggs into the flour. Once the eggs are partly mixed, start to kneed the dough with your hands. Kneed five minutes. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate while your making the filling.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup flour
- Working in batches, roll out the pasta dough into two sheets 3 inches by 8 inches.
- Place 1 table spoon of pasta filling on 1 sheet of dough every two inches.
- Brush egg around each table spoon of filling and place the other sheet of pasta dough on top.
- Push out all the air from around the pasta filling and cut into as square shape to make the ravioli.
- Once the ravioli are made, cook immediately or freeze ravioli for up to a week.
- Place pasta in boiling water for about five minutes.
- While pasta is cooking, place butter in a sauté pan and cook on medium heat until the butter has melted and started to turn a golden brown. Make sure not to burn the butter. If the butter turns black, it has gone too far.
- Add the diced apple and sage and cook one minute.
- Place the ravioli in a bowl and cover with butter and apples.
- To garnish, top with crab meat and grated Parmesan cheese.