Gnocchi & Brisket
- Complexity: Medium
- Srv: 3
- Prep: 3 hrs to braise brisket
- Cook Time: 1.5 hrs
- Total Time: 4.5 hrs
- By: Woodblock
This recipe includes pre-braised brisket (3+ hours). Make the brisket in advance.
- Set oven at 400 degrees
- Remove skin and wash 3-4 potatoes (enough to make at least a cup of mashed potatoes)
- Cook for about an hour in oven until you can easily stick a fork through them.
- Once cooled but still warm, put through a ricer or processor to make smooth consistency.
- Add salt
- Flour (appx. 1 cup for 1 cup of mashed potatoes)
- Roll into ball, should be tacky but not sticky
- Make into smaller portions. Roll each portion into strip ¾” to 1” thick. Cut strip into even pieces. Indent top and bottom and press thumb into center. Boil pieces in water for 4-5 minutes, then place them in an ice bath.
- Blend together: Tomato, Celery, Garlic, Onion, Butter
- Place boiled gnocchi in sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste. Let reduce for 5 minutes.
- Add pinch of parsley and mint. Add arugula. Let wilt down. Add parmesan cheese.
- To Plate: Add braised brisket of your choice. Add fresh arugula. Salt to taste. Add Parmesan cheese and a drizzle of olive oil.