- Complexity: Medium
- Srv: 4
- Total Time: 2 hrs
- 2 cups couscous
- 2 ¼ cups water
- 1/3-cup currants
- Small handful of cilantro chopped
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter melted
- Grab a small pot and add the water and a pinch of salt. Once comes to a boil and the couscous and stir then bring the heat down to low. Once all of water has been absorbed, take off the heat and using a fork, begin to separate the couscous and place in a medium sized mixing bowl. Take a couple tablespoons of olive oil, and add to the bowl. Carefully take your hands and begin rubbing the couscous between your hands until all of the couscous is separate grains. Next add the remaining ingredients and mix well and set aside.
- 2 ½ cups of chicken stock
- 1 cup of crushed tomatoes
- 6 threads of saffron
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter,diced
- Juice of a half of lemon
- Take a small pot and place on stove and add chicken stock and crushed tomatoes. Once comes to a boil bring down to simmer and then add the saffron and allow to cook uncovered until sauce thickens which should take about 15 minutes. Then add butter and mix well till incorporated, taste for salt and set aside.
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- First set your oven at 350.
- Next take your chicken breast and carefully slice in half the long way then season with salt and pepper on all sides.
- Take a stainless steel pan and place on a stove with a couple tablespoons of canola oil on medium to medium high heat.
- Once hot enough carefully place the chicken breasts in the pan and place in the oven. Set your timer for 7 minutes.
Grab a large white plate and place a cup of couscous slightly off center. Next slice the chicken on a bias which should give you about 6 slices and place on the side of the couscous. Next using a spoon pour sauce over the chicken.
Add a pinch of salt over the whole dish and serve. Enjoy!