Slow Cooked BBQ Brisket with Anubis Imperial Coffee Porter
- Complexity: Medium
- Srv: 6
- Total Time: 8 hrs
- By: Waddell's Neighborhood Pub & Grill
Yields: 4 to 6 sandwiches
- 3 to 4 pound raw brisket trimmed and silver removed
- 1 tbl of Squirrelly Season All
- 1 tbl of Squirelly Cajun seasoning (Rub brisket with seasonings then cover and refrigerate for 6 hours)
- 32 oz Anubis Imperial coffee porter (2 pints)
- ½ cup of hard packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- ½ cup white onion roughly chopped (about ½ an onion)
- ½ cup red onion roughly chopped (about ½ an onion)
- 1 poblano pepper roughly chopped (roasted optional)
- 2 tbl of garlic powder
- 2 tbl of onion powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbl mesquite liquid smoke
- 3 cups ketchup
- 4 to 6 ounces of Cougar Gold Cheese from WSU College
- Add all ingredients except raw brisket to crock pot then stir until all ingredients are well incorporated and bring to a slow simmer while stirring.
- Add brisket, cover with lid and slow cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or until fork tender. If crock pot is not available, use large oven-safe heavy duty pot and follow same steps for crock pot then carefully place into pre-heated oven at 300 degrees. Check after 6 hours or until fork tender, meat should have a temperature of 185 to 205 degrees. After brisket easily shreds with fork, carefully remove from sauce and place on a pan to let rest for 10 minutes.
- When cooled enough to handle, carefully shred meat with metal tongs or large serving fork until all of the tender brisket is shredded into bite size pieces. Now take the sauce and carefully add to a blender and puree until all ingredients are well blended and smooth. Pour enough sauce over shredded brisket and mix into meat with tongs or fork. Take toasted hamburger buns or hoagie rolls and layer bbq brisket onto bread and with coleslaw on top.
- Enjoy with a nice glass of Anubis Imperial Coffee Porter. If Cougar Gold cheese from WSU College is available in your area add to sandwich then top with coleslaw. Cheers!
- 4 cups of shredded green cabbage (1/2 head of cabbage)
- 1 carrot julienne slices (thinly cut match stick slices
- ½ red onion small diced (1/2 cup) or ½ cup diced green onions
- ¼ cup fresh chopped cilantro
- ½ cup mayo
- 1 tbl of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbl of sugar or 1 tbl of honey
- 1 tsp of celery salt
- fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- In small mixing bowl whisk wet ingredients until nicely incorporated then add to cabbage mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.