Caprese Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
- Complexity: Easy
- Srv: 4
- Total Time: 30 min
- By: The Blackbird
Simple Lemon Vinaigrette
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup raw apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1-2 tablespoons raw honey, as needed for sweetness
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all of the ingredients in glass mason jar, seal the lid and shake until ingredients are combined. Allow the dressing to marinate for at least 30 minutes before serving over your favorite greens.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to a week, and shake well before serving each time.
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 1 cup baby tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup small fresh mozeralla balls
- Simple Lemon Vinaigrette
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Pour balsamic vinegar into a saucepan and bring to a boil over low heat. Cook until vinegar has reduced to a thick glaze - about 10 minutes. Allow to cool.
- While balsamic reduction cools, toss arugula with desired amount of lemon vinaigrette dressing and a dash of salt. Cut mozzarella balls in half and add on top of arugula.
- Drizzle balsamic on top of arugula and top with tomatoes.