Pear & Gorgonzola Spinach Salad with Roasted Beets
- Complexity: Easy
- Srv: 6
- Total Time: 30 min
Mix the green/redish leaves in with the spinach for color and a boost of healthy! The leaves are rich in antioxidants and other phytonutrients.
Roasted Beets can be prepared ahead of time.
- 2 - 3 firm Anjou or Bosc pears (use a combination of greenish, yellow and red boscs for a more colorful salad)
- Gorgonzola cheese
- Spinach, washed and broken
- Green Onions- sliced lengthwise
- 1 Avacodo – sliced in segments similar to pears
- Pecans – can mix candied and plain
- 2 large beets with stems
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Peel beets and cut in cubes. Leave a section of raw beet to slice with a carot peeler and place in salad. Just a bit as not everyone likes raw beet!
- Drizzle with olive oil and thyme. Cook about 40 minutes, turning occasionally. Let cool completely before adding to salad
- Leave skin on pears and slice in segments
- Melt butter in pan on medium high heat and add pears
- Stir and sear for a few minutes on each side until pears are golden and tender
- Let pears cool before tossing with salad
- Olive Oil
- Rice wine vinegar
- Black pepper