Skagit Potato Boats
- Complexity: Medium
- Srv: 2
- Total Time: 1 hr
- Spritz the whole dish with butter spray and dust with chopped parsley.
- Add a teaspoon of the Hot Mango chutney for a final touch.
- 2 Delicata Squash, about 8 inches long, washed well
- Olive oil spray
- 1 lb New Potatoes, mixed colors or your choice. Even sized, quite small, 1 inch diameter
- 1/2 cup South Western Style Eggbeaters or 1 beaten large egg
- 1 lb of Mixed Frozen Vegetables (sweet corn, carrots, peas, baby Lima and green beans)
- 2 Tablespoons Basil Pesto
- 4 slices of Hot Pepper Cheese
- Smoked Paprika
- Optional: I wouldn't believe it isn't Butter Spray and Chopped Parsley
- Optional: Major Gray Hot Mango Chutney
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Cut the washed delicata in half lengthways. scoop out the seeds. Spray metal bake sheet with oil Place squash cut side down and spray lightly Bake for just 30 minutes.
- Boil the potatoes during this time. They will take about 20 minutes. Sauté the mixed vegetables in a little oil with the basil pesto. Take Delicata from the oven, turn over and fill the 'boats' with the small potatoes, either whole or cut..your choice according to their size. Add a garnish of mixed vegetables, saving the rest for service.
- Drizzle in the beaten egg or Eggbeaters to just fill. Cover with thin slices of cheese and dust with Smoked Paprika. Return to the oven, set on Broil for about 4 minutes to heat and brown the cheese. Remove and serve surrounded with the pesto vegetables.