The Best Hummus Ever
- Complexity: Easy
- Srv: 8
- Total Time: 10 min
- By: Recipe courtesy of Amber Kelly from Cook with Amber
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 cans garbanzo beans (also called chickpeas), drained
- Juice from 1.5 - 2 lemons (or more)
- Extra-virgin olive oil, about 1/2 cup or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Parsley for garnish
- Veggies for serving, such as carrots, celery, cucumber, bell peppers, cauliflower and broccoli florets
- In a food processor, process the garlic to chop it up. Add the garbanzo beans, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- While the processor is running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil, scraping the sides of the bowl at least once. Make sure your hummus isn't too thick. Add more olive oil or lemon to make it loose and creamy. Adjust seasonings.