Italian Vegetable Soup
- Complexity: Easy
- Srv: 4
- Total Time: 40 min
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced 1/4" thick
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8-10 medium-sized red potatoes, quartered
- 2 15.5 oz. cans Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 14.5 oz. cans roasted diced tomatoes
- 6 C water
- 1 bunch of kale, destemmed and sliced ¾” thick
- Salt and pepper
- Sauté carrots in olive oil until soft, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook over medium for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add potatoes, tomatoes, beans and water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Turn heat to low, cover and boil for 25 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Just before serving add kale and let cook for 2 minutes, until the kale softens.