Rose and Radish Soup
- Complexity: Easy
- Srv: 4
- Total Time: 1 hr
- By: Marmite
- 1 Leek White - cleaned and coarsely chopped
- 1 Yellow Onion - peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 Shallots - peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 lb unsalted butter or 4 TB Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1lb Red Radishes
- 1 cup Organic (unsprayed) fragrant fresh Rose Petals (older varieties tend to have more fragrance and flavor) Dried Rose Petals will provide flavor but will adversely effect the texture.
- 6 Cups Home made Chicken Stock (or Vegetable Stock)
- a few drops Rose water if needed
- Salt to taste
- A few Rose Petals for garnish
- In a heavy-bottomed non-aluminum pan melt the butter and slowly cook the leek, onion and shallot until they are translucent and ‘relaxed’. Add the Radishes, Rose Petals and Stock. Raise heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until radishes are soft. Puree in blender. Return to soup pot and salt to taste with sea salt. Add a few drops of Rose water if you think that it needs a little boost of rose flavor. serve in bowls garnished with a sprinkling of rose petals.